You have to be old enough: 8 years old and under 21. If you are 7 and a 1/2 you’ll just have to wait a little while. And you have to be elected. Candidates from North America are sought for the Youth Board, ages 15 – 21.
Here’s an invitation from the Secretariat in Germany. Please pass this along:
Dear students, teachers and supporters of the Plant-for-the-Planet Initiative,
Apply now to become member of the new Global Boards 2013/14. The online-voting for the new Plant-for-the-Planet Global Boards 2013/14 starts on 27th March!
- · Do you want to deepen your involvement with Plant-for-the-Planet?
- · Do you want to take extensive action to fight the climate crisis?
- · Do you want to inspire children worldwide and represent their interests?
Then apply for the Plant-for-the-Planet Global Boards 2013/2014!
Again, there will be two Global Boards: one for the Children’s Initiative, for children aged from 8 to 14 and one for the Youth Initiative, for young people aged from 15 to 21 years. Together they will represent the Plant-for-the-Planet Initiative, which invites everyone around the world to become a member.
In each of the Global Boards there will be 14 members who represent 7 different world regions. You can be a part of it too. Exchange ideas and opinions with people from around the world and help to take Plant-for-the-Planet into the future!
- trained Climate Justice Ambassador or high level of motivation to lobby for climate justice
- joy in inspiring children and youth
- aged between 8 to 14 (children’s Global Board) or from 15 to 21 years (youth Global Board) as of the 1st July 2013
- availability between the 1st of July 2013 and 30th of June 2014 for the monthly board meetings of the Global Board via the Internet
- good English skills to participate actively in the monthly sessions of the Global Board (per Internet)
- one adult coordinator (e.g. a parent) if you are a minor
You have until 22th March 2013 to apply to sit on one of the Global Boards. The candidates be presented on our website, if possible with a video message. The elections will start on 27th March 2013 online. Every Plant-for-the-Planet member with voting rights has until 19th April 2013 to register their online votes for each of the Global Boards. From these elected board members, the Global Presidents and Vice-Global Presidents will be elected. They are voted for in a second round of voting from 20-27th April 2013.
The new Presidents and Vice-Presidents will be presented at the Plant-for-the-Planet Annual Meeting in Munich. The handover from the old Global Boards to the new takes place in June, and the new Global Board takes office on 1st July 2013.
or send us an email with your name and date of birth: firstname.lastname@example.org
The current Global Board members can be seen here.
It would be great if you could forward this invitation to interested students. Thanks a lot!
for the Plant-for-the-Planet Secretariat
82327 Tutzing – Germany
Tel. ++49 (0) 8808 9345
Fax. ++49 (0) 8808 9346
If you are interested or know a youth who would like to be on the board, please contact me or Plant For The Planet now. I’ll be happy to share more information.
Learn more about the Global Board and how to become a candidate on the “Structure” page at: